3 March 2019

SUNSET AT BASTAKIYA

The Birds
- Leica IIIf, HP5+

Finally, I have a proper scanner. This means I can get all of my negatives digitised for free, at will. This means that I can now post more often, and it makes for some rambling posts (such as this one).

Lonely stool
- Leica IIIf, HP5+

The creek has been one of my favourite locations for the past few months. It's saturated with a sense of what Dubai used to be, and it makes for some fun, interesting (to me, at least) photographs.

Bird and minaret

All these images are from the same photo walk, shot at around 4 or 5 pm when the light is nice and mellow. Once again, they were made using a Leica IIIf on HP5+ 400 film.

The guy that wanted to marry Kim K

There's a funny story behind this specific picture. In the souq area, everyone is clamouring for the attention of tourists to try to sell them their goods. This man, after seeing I didn't want to buy a ghutra from him, began telling me the story of how he plotted to escape his wife and get rid of Kanye in order to marry Kim Kardashian. Needless to say, I was entertained.

Leading lines

Honestly, I feel like the remaining photographs speak for themselves. Also, I cannot think of anything else to write. So I hope you enjoy them.


Negative space




Frame within a frame within a frame...




Texture of the creek




Flight of the seagulls




Rays of the sun

Simón.

No comments:

Post a Comment