23 December 2018

FUJICOLOR IN NEPAL


Buddhist prayer flags
- Leica IIIf, Fuji C200

Nepal was high up on my bucket list, and I got to check it off last October. It was worth it.

Local with a basket - Leica IIIf, Fuji C200

When planning for the trip, I had to think what photo equipment I should take with me. I needed a digital camera, so that I could have quick access to my images on the spot; I took the Nikon D7200. It was more complicated to choose a film camera, though.

Lady that sold me a bracelet for a picture
- Leica IIIf, Fuji C200

I wanted something small, so the Olympus XA sounded like a good idea: compact, light, and doesn't attract attention; however, it is also fragile, and I was limited to aperture priority and a maximum 1/500s shutter speed.

Welcome at the orphanage - Leica IIIf, Fuji C200

The Leica IIIf is my favourite camera of all time. Full-manual brass tank with a sharp collapsible lens and a clear rangefinder. It also looks amazing, and is very small compared to its DSLR counterparts. I didn't look any further.

Rickshaw drivers at the hotel
- Leica IIIf, Fuji C200

The next issue I had was choosing a film stock. I really wanted to take some black-and-white film (either Tri-X 400 or HP5+) because the Leica gives excellent results with it. Nonetheless, I opted for some Fujicolor C200: cheap, easily accessible, and I thought I would appreciate being able to see the colours of Nepal.

Overall, it was an unforgettable experience, and I'm glad I was able to take the photos I wanted so I could revisit the Kathmandu whenever I want.

Simón.

No comments:

Post a Comment