18 August 2019

STREET W/ THE RB67

El Congreso, Av. Corrientes
Kodak TMax 100


I recently bought a Mamiya RB67 Pro S, an absolute unit of a camera. I took it on my holidays to Argentina where I was able to have some fun with it.


Amor & Paz
Kodak TMax 100


 I spent a day wandering through Buenos Aires, trying to find some interesting subjects. Near the obelisk on Av. 9 de Julio, a protest was taking place, and I had to capture it. These two gentlemen had jokingly asked for a photo expecting me not to understand Spanish, but when I agreed they reluctantly posed for me. The 'peace' sign really sells it for me.




A few minutes from the protest was another demonstration taking place. The elderly were protesting President Macri's policies on retirement. To show their displeasure, they would encourage cars at stoplights to honk their horns and block their paths for a few seconds before the traffic police moved them.



While I will make a review post soon, I can already say I love using this camera, and the size and quality of the negatives is unbeatable. In my opinion, lugging two kilos around the whole day paid off.


Simón

No comments:

Post a Comment