4 February 2020

BY THE CASPIAN SEA

Preparing for lift-off.
Ilford HP5+ @800


I wasn't ever a big fan of pushing or pulling film; developing prices increase, and in general it seemed harder than it was. However, now that I develop my own film, I decided to have another shot at it with some HP5+ at ASA 800 while in Azerbaijan to see what was up.


Hyperdrive.


I spent a few days in Baku, the capital city. It's a clash of times, architectures, and cultures, and one that never ceases to surprise


Taxi driver.


I have to say that I love the way that the grain looks like on HP5+ at 800, it just has a more defined and organic look to it that ASA 400 doesn't give.


Shirvanshahs.


Overall, I'm fairly happy how the roll turned out. I am looking forward to pushing film more often in the future; HP5+ @800 might just become my go-to from now on.


Observation deck.

No comments:

Post a Comment